Re: [Exim] storing filter 'files' in a db

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] storing filter 'files' in a db
On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Maybe it's time to unify everything and have one big director
> router? (actually, not such a bad idea, when I think about it)

I think you can go too far that way, but I do have more plans in this
area. However, rather than explain them bit by bit in this thread, I'm
going to wait till I write the promised planning document (probably in
January).

> Maybe it'd be nice to have a smartuser-like director with
> features like "pull a record from the file and use it as a list
> from addresses" (aliasfile, and yes, it already exists) and "use
> the file as a list of addresses (and maybe filter)" (to emulate
> forwardfile).

Well, yes, that's what's planned, in effect. Thanks for the thoughts -
they are along the lines I'm thinking.

> It's raining in Cambridge tonight, isn't it? ;)

It's rained a lot in England recently, in case you hadn't heard...