Re: [Exim] twist on virtual domains

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Rick Morris
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] twist on virtual domains
On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Rick Morris wrote:

> I want to be able to do a lookup in the domains file to get the
> *.ourdomain.com domain and use that in the alias file lookup to get the
> forwarding address for the customer. This would add a little bit to the
> domain file but cut down considerably on the size of the alias file. Is
> this possible with Exim?

You could put a smartuser director immediately before the aliasfile
director, and use it to translate from the incoming domain to the
customer domain, using exactly the files you have. Use the new_address
option of smartuser with a lookup expansion to do the translation.
[If the files get big, consider converting them to dbm or cdb files.]