Re: [Exim] Problem solved: (was: Exim suddenly deliveres mai…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Max Berger
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem solved: (was: Exim suddenly deliveres mail 3 times)
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Max Berger wrote:

> fist of all, thanks for everyone giving me tips on how to solve this
> problem. One thing I've learned is the
> exim -d99 -bt
> commandline which could be in the FAQ under "Exim Fails to deliver
> mail. How do I check what it's actually doing?" If its already in theere,
> then I've just missed it.

This is the 2nd item in the FAQ:

Q0002: Exim is not working. What is wrong?

I will add "How can I check what it's doing?" to the question.

> If procmail returned with an error code, then any exim filter should at
> least include a short message in the log files!

procmail is not run during exim filtering. It is run afterwards during
the delivery phase. If it returned an error code, this should be shown
on the main log, unless you set ignore_status on the pipe transport.