Re: [Exim] Problem solved: (was: Exim suddenly deliveres mai…

Author: Max Berger
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem solved: (was: Exim suddenly deliveres mail 3times)
Hi,

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Max Berger wrote:
> > fist of all, thanks for everyone giving me tips on how to solve this
> > problem. One thing I've learned is the
> > exim -d99 -bt
> > commandline which could be in the FAQ under "Exim Fails to deliver
> > mail. How do I check what it's actually doing?" If its already in theere,
> > then I've just missed it.
> This is the 2nd item in the FAQ:
> Q0002: Exim is not working. What is wrong?

> I will add "How can I check what it's doing?" to the question.

Thanks. This is more clearly than the above message.

> > If procmail returned with an error code, then any exim filter should at
> > least include a short message in the log files!
> procmail is not run during exim filtering. It is run afterwards during
> the delivery phase. If it returned an error code, this should be shown
> on the main log, unless you set ignore_status on the pipe transport.

this is my pipe transport setup:

address_pipe:
driver = pipe
use_shell = true
#timeout = 60s
return_fail_output

this should give me some feedback...?

could it be that the shell executes, procmail fails, but the shell returns
zero ? Or do I have to look for the error in procmail?

thanks

Max Berger
e-mail: max.berger@???

--