[Exim] Problem solved: (was: Exim suddenly deliveres mail 3 …

Author: Max Berger
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Problem solved: (was: Exim suddenly deliveres mail 3 times)
Hi,

fist of all, thanks for everyone giving me tips on how to solve this
problem. One thing I've learned is the
exim -d99 -bt
commandline which could be in the FAQ under "Exim Fails to deliver
mail. How do I check what it's actually doing?" If its already in theere,
then I've just missed it.

The reason the mail got delivered three times was a procmail skript, which
was supposed to store a copy of the mail in the users home dir. his and my
home dir were on different hard disks, and his was full.

The winning tip was to set up a second user account, under the excact same
conditions. Since same conditions include same disk for home dir...

I don't know if procmail returns an error code in this condition, if not,
this is a bug in procmail. I'll investigate in that.

If procmail returned with an error code, then any exim filter should at
least include a short message in the log files! The worst thing about my
problem was that it wasn't reproducable with another user, and that the
log entries were in fact identically.

Again, thanks very much everyone helping me!

mfG

Max Berger
e-mail: max.berger@???

--