Re: [Exim] Help with virtual domains

Author: robert rotman
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Andrew D, Rick Morris, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Help with virtual domains
Hello,

I once suggestet to put a "sendmail-like" configuration in the
distribution to help people who come from "sendmail".

the answer in this list was that "we" are not sendmail und we donot want
to put a sendmail-like configuration because exim does not work in this
way.

however, i noticed that this could help many people dealing with the list,
so i try to put such a configuration in the list
(i do not use such a configuration, so its untested):

1.) put a system-like alias at the first piont of directors:

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
domains =! lsearch;/etc/mail/domains
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

2.) and at the end:

virtual:
domains = lsearch;/etc/mail/domains
driver = aliasfile
include_domain
file = /etc/mail/virtusertable
search_type = lsearch*@
expand = true
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
no_more

the "/etc/mail/virtusertable" is somthing like you need.
the "/etc/mail/domains" is for your virtual domains.

robert.