Re: [Exim] Help with virtual domains

Author: Andrew D
To: Rick Morris, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Help with virtual domains
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, 16 October 2000 2:16 AM
Subject: [Exim] Help with virtual domains

> I have looked through the exim archives and I can't seem to find an
> implementation of virtual domains that matches what I need. We are
> currently using an old hacked up version of sendmail to do this and I'm
> looking to use Exim as a replacement. This is what I need to accomplish:

I suggest u check the archives of this list as numerous configs have been
posted regarding virtual doamins.
there's a lovely search engine at http://www.exim.org/search.html
I also suggest you go through the contributions(config.samples in the same
place that u download exim) as there are some brilliant examples of how to
do this in it.

> user1@???: whatever@???
> user2@???: someone@???
> *@domainA.com: whocares@???
> user1@???: anyone@???
> user2@???: boss@???
> *@domainB.com: anything@???

This won't work as exim uses the local part (the bit b4 the @) to do
deliveries (though I may be wrong)
HTH
cya
Andrew

--
99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.