Re: [Exim] HELP: Individual blacklists for each user

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] HELP: Individual blacklists for each user
Dr Andrew C Aitchison rearranged electrons thusly:

> You probably don't want to block emails as they come in, since they
> could addressed both to users who want it and users who don't.

Thanks for pointing that out.

> User filters, conventionally, but not necessarily, .forward
> might be worth considering, although I have no pointers to a web tool
> for maintaining it.

The mail here is moved into a (mutter, mumble) xml spool, from which it is read
using webmail. We _could_ apply the filters there ... but this mailbox is also
accessible via POP3.

Also, wouldn't a typical scenario where user1@??? has plonked
bozo@??? - but user2@??? loves getting e-mail from him, and
where bozo cc's user1 and user2 read

mail from: bozo@???
250 <bozo@???> is syntactically correct
rcpt to: user1@???
550 user1 says fsck off
rcpt to: user2@???
250 ok
[...]

It is not like an smtp transaction will break off and reject every single
recipient when it sees the first reject ...

> This feature is sufficiently complex that it has its own spec document.
> Errors can stall delivery to that user, so it is easy enough to mess up;
> your help desk might have views.

We plan to set up a web-based interface which will populate each user's
killfile.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + sureshr@???
Linux is like a Teepee - No Windows, No Gates, Apache Inside