Re: [Exim] HELP: Individual blacklists for each user

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] HELP: Individual blacklists for each user
On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Hi
>
> We run a webmail server (with ~16,000 accounts now) - and want to set up server
> side blacklists for all our users so that they can killfile anyone (or
> anything) they don't want to receive mail from - without blocking them
> system-wide. Any pointers would be appreciated ;)

You probably don't want to block emails as they come in, since they
could addressed both to users who want it and users who don't.

User filters, conventionally, but not necessarily, .forward
might be worth considering, although I have no pointers to a web tool
for maintaining it.
This feature is sufficiently complex that it has its own spec document.
Errors can stall delivery to that user, so it is easy enough to mess up;
your help desk might have views.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna