Re: [Exim] HELP: Individual blacklists for each user

Author: patl
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] HELP: Individual blacklists for each user
On 15-Oct-00 at 09:58, Suresh Ramasubramanian (sureshr@???) wrote:
> Hi
>
> We run a webmail server (with ~16,000 accounts now) - and want to set up
> server side blacklists for all our users so that they can killfile anyone
> (or anything) they don't want to receive mail from - without blocking them
> system-wide. Any pointers would be appreciated ;)
>
> The server is a redhat 6.2 box running Exim 3.13, fwiw.

You might want to look into the Seive filtering in the latest version
of Cyrus. I think the code is fairly well separated from the main
Cyrus code; so it shouldn't be too hard to extract it and slip the seive
pass in front of your current delivery mechanism. (If your webmail
system is IMAP or POP based; you might want to look into just switching
to Cyrus mailboxes. Cyrus works very will with exim, runs as a non-privileged
user, and seems to be pretty well written code.)

-Pat