Re: [Exim] POP3 Daemon

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Corin Hartland-Swann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] POP3 Daemon
On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 02:22:51PM +0100, Corin Hartland-Swann wrote:
> This is probably off-topic, but I thought it best to ask here what POP3
> daemon to use with exim.

FAQ addition maybe?

> My question is: can anyone recommend a POP3 daemon that will definately
> handle the former, and hopefully the latter as well?

Yes, we currently use Qmail-pop which has a checkpasswd part that can be
hacked to add whatever authentication you want.

However, I would recomand using Solid POP which looks far superior, and
has a lot of Exim (like nhash) support in it.

Otherwise, YMMV and really what suites you best is not what may suite me
best.

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer