Re: [Exim] Exim With Openmail...

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Phil Brutsche
CC: Yann Golanski, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim With Openmail...
On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 10:04:52AM -0500, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> HP OpenMail is a "black box" mail storage facility ala Cyrus. It's one of
> the few was of getting the groupware functionality of MS Exchange without
> the braindamage of MS Exchange.
>
> It doesn't speak SMTP by itself, and relies on a separate MTA to receive
> the message. In it's native environment (HP-UX), the incoming message is
> received by sendmail, which then passes the message to OpenMail via a
> separate program (called openmail, iirc)..
>
> Does that clear some things up?

Somewhat...

I guess you could use something like the procmail default transport in the
default configuration and just replace `proicmail' by `openmail' and see
what happens ;>

If you link /usr/lib/sendmail and /usr/bin/sendmail to exim, most things
will actully find it and use whatever it is pointing to.

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer