Re: [Exim] Keeping aliases in a DBM hash...

Author: Trevor Sky Garside
To: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Keeping aliases in a DBM hash...
> > [...] if I have just added a new domain to the system, I have to
> > define at least one alias or Exim will freeze incoming mail
> > complaining about inability to lookup aliases. [...] I am wondering is
> > how can I make it so Exim knows that the DB is blank and refuses all
> > incoming mail for that domain?
>
> I don't have an answer to the question that you have actually asked, but I
> would like to remind you that any domain accepting SMTP on port 25, must
> have a valid postmaster@??? address.
>
> They may make your question moot.
>
> -j

It's funny that you should mention that, because that is my current
solution. I have the domain-add script automatically creating that
postmaster account. But in the odd case (I don't see it happening, but you
never know) where the domain doesn't want any mail accepted (even to
postmaster) I'd like to know how to make it work.

--Trevor