Re: [Exim] random bounces

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Melanie Lampert
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] random bounces
On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Melanie Lampert wrote:

> The mail that is sent through Exim goes through fine most of the time,
> however at random times it bounces mail with "unrouteable mail domain"
> error:

> sample_user@???:
> unrouteable mail domain "aol.com"

My guess is that there is a problem with the resolver exim is using to
look up domains.

My guess is that your only name servers are occassionaly unreachable, and
so that your resolver is somehow reporting that the domain doesn't exist.

What might work better is to set up a caching only name server on the same
host that exim is on. That will always be reachable, but may occassionaly
report a "softer" failure which will just cause exim to defer messages if
you are off the net.

All of that is pure speculation. I don't know how resolvers work.

In the past, there has been a lot of debate about the usefulness of
caching only and/or local name servers and opinions vary. Also, I have
never (well, hardly ever) set up a caching only name server, and can't
advise on how to do that.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg