[Exim] random bounces

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Melanie Lampert
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] random bounces
The mail that is sent through Exim goes through fine most of the time,
however at random times it bounces mail with "unrouteable mail domain"
error:

----

sample_user@???:
unrouteable mail domain "aol.com"
----

I witnessed messages where the recipient domain is the same as the sender
domain bounce with the same error. For example, one message was from
user1@??? to user2@???. User1@??? got a bounce
notification (unrouteable mail domain "webtv.net")... but if that domain was
really unrouteable, how was Exim able to send an error notification to a
user of the same domain??

Any ideas on what could be the problem? Also, is there a way to tell Exim to
not try to resolve recipient domains? I've heard that Sendmail has a
feature "accept_unresolvable_domains"... is there an equivalent in Exim?

Your help is appreciated.

Melanie