Re: [Exim] random bounces

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: Melanie Lampert, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] random bounces
jeffrey+lists@??? said:
> In the past, there has been a lot of debate about the usefulness of
> caching only and/or local name servers and opinions vary. Also, I
> have never (well, hardly ever) set up a caching only name server, and
> can't advise on how to do that.

If you have less than perfect connectivity to all the sites where your
correspondents host DNS, then a caching name server can be *very*
useful indeed. I now run one on the exim.org machine due to occasional
DNS oddities, and the extra cache has helped greatly.

However I would not advise BIND for a cache only name server of this
type.  Look at Dan Berstein's DNS cache - look at
    http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]