Re: [Exim] Adding Users [UPDATE]

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: wokness monster
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Adding Users [UPDATE]
Hi,
I just ran across the file called spec.txt, and I found it answerd
alot of my questions. It said for me to be able to get mail I had to
add this line to /etc/inetd.conf:

smtp stream tcp nowait exim /usr/exim/bin/exim in.exim -bs

I did, but for some reason, I still can not get mail. I open Eudora,
send a e-mail to wokness@???, and then do this:

ironhide# su wokness
$ mail
No mail for wokness
$

Now I know Eudora is sending mail, beacuse it sends it to a external
address (wokness@???) and I recive it. Is adding that line in inetd.conf
the only thing you have to do or is there more? Also, yes, I restarted
my system after I updated that file.

I also tried replacing that line with this (and it did not work):

smtp stream tcp nowait root /usr/exim/bin/exim in.exim -bs

basically, exim for root. Also I do have SMTP uncommented in /etc/services.
Is there any other place SMTP might be commented out? Or is there anywhere
else that I need to look for the mail being reviced?

You guys are awsome, I have been trying to get a mail server up for 4
months (qmail and postfix) and have been unsuccessfull, but you guys
already got me sending e-mail, thanks!

Thanks (again),
Wokenss

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com