Re: [Exim] Message frozen

Author: Andrew
To: Max Clements
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Message frozen
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 5:42 PM

> Hey another OE user - I enjoy OE as well - good pop3 mail client that

serves
> all my needs...

most of the time anyway, just as long as noone mentions Outlook (not
express and I'll be happy :)

-snip-
> This may be a silly suggestion - but have you done the obvious - and

checked
> with an nslookup gateway.* and also and nslookup for the mx record of the

GW
> on the machine that is running exim to make sure that it can actually
> resolve the names? A fault in the machines resolv.conf could cause a

lookup
> failure even if bind is running correctly on that machine...?

well it certainly resolves as mail continues to get delivered, b4 and after
the frozen message there are about 50-100 emails that have gone through the
domain and the route list. I did nslookup on both the pri DNS and sec DNS
as well as another host and it resolves fine.

cya
Andrew

--
The problem with fools is that they are so ingenious.