Re: [Exim] MIME Defang

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] MIME Defang
On 2000-09-05 at 14:11 -0400, Richard Welty gifted us with:
> interesting.

Even more so when you look at the site, and read the comments on
Hotmail. They allegedly use a dollar symbol in their MIME content
boundary markers.

Some searching later ... wow, I know a hotmail user who's used it to
sent me attachments:
------=_NextPart_000_634d125d_55108a7f$1caa47f6

Which is definitely against RFC 2046, section 5.1.1.

So, is this legitimate cause to filter mails from the Hotmail domain?
:^) Tell you what, if anyone here knows an AOL user (AFAIK I don't) and
has received MIME email from them, could they please check the message
carefully for some legitimate excuse to filter out their mail? ;^)
</prejudice level="blatant">
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat