Re: [Exim] A recommended Mailing list manager for Exim?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Dave C.
CC: Roger Burton West, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] A recommended Mailing list manager for Exim?
djc@??? said:
> The only disadvantage I've found with MailMan is its lack of an
> email-based administrative system - it is web only. Of course, I
> havent checked the latest version recently, its possible they've added
> this ;)

You can sign up, unsub and similar user based things by email. You
cannot approve messages, modify settings and do similar administrative
features by email (basically you can't do anything that needs an admin
password). I don't miss not having admin mail facilities since I never
used them on any other list :-)

marilyn@??? said:
> > I keep considering moving to a MIME capable archiver.
> I don't really understand. Do you mean that the archiver doesn't
> handle attachments? Details would help me a lot.

The archiver does not understand MIME at all... for example see
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20000828/020545.h
tml

However you can not use the integrated archiver and instead use an
external archiver such as MHonArc.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]