Re: [Exim] A recommended Mailing list manager for Exim?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Roger Burton West
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] A recommended Mailing list manager for Exim?
On or about Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 07:54:02PM +0600, Mustapha Mahfouz typed:

>I wish to further play around with it, before trying to
>bring it up on a major machine, as I wish to be more familiar with it
>before attempting a major move from sendmail to Exim.

Excellent idea! It's the best way to learn about the package...

>I hope I could request information about a suitable mailing list manager
>for exim, I noted that exim.org uses the GNU mailman (which seems to be
>popular, Redhat switched from qmail to Postfix+mailman very recently).

Since most mailing list managers are designed to work with sendmail,
they all need a little extra configuration for exim.

I favour smartlist, mainly for its automated bounce handling; it
collaborates very cleanly with exim. I haven't tried mailman, but
I gather it's reasonably capable; also, it has a web interface,
which smartlist lacks.

One that I'd suggest you avoid is majordomo - it's had a number of
security problems recently, which led to its being omitted from the
recent Debian 2.2 release.

>In a summary I would like to ask wether are there any special facts to
>which I have to pay attention to when configuring a Mailing list manager,
>for Exim, and whether there is any recommended for Exim.

There's quite a bit of material on exim.org, though some of it is
fairly deeply buried.

--
Roger Burton West -/- roger@???
http://firedrake.org/roger/