Re: [Exim] A recommended Mailing list manager for Exim?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Roger Burton West
CC: exim-users
Temas novos: [Exim] Reading DBM files with Perl
Asunto: Re: [Exim] A recommended Mailing list manager for Exim?
roger@??? said:
> I favour smartlist, mainly for its automated bounce handling; it
> collaborates very cleanly with exim. I haven't tried mailman, but I
> gather it's reasonably capable; also, it has a web interface, which
> smartlist lacks.

Exim.org used to run with smartlist. It worked, but always felt
painful, although was relatively maintenance free once working. Bounce
handling was marginal - Mailman is now considerably better. Archiving
is by mbox, any web archiving would have to be handled separately.
Subscription confirmation used to be a separate patch.

A recipe for automatic list handling with smartlist is hidden in the
FAQ somewhere - this is the configuration that used to run on exim.org.

Mailman is coming along nicely and works well with exim. The archiver
is marginal - I keep considering moving to a MIME capable archiver.
Writing custom bounce handlers is easy, although currently
unnecessary... however someone will come up with a bounce set that
defeats it again soon.

> There's quite a bit of material on exim.org, though some of it is
> fairly deeply buried.

3 places to look:-

  - HOWTO type documentation (linked from the docs page)
    http://www.exim.org/docs.html
  - References in the FAQ (also linked from the docs page)
  - Mailing list references - see the indexer at
    http://www.exim.org/maillist.html

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]