Re: [Exim] Does Exim have security problems?

Author: Marilyn Davis
To: Mustapha Mahfouz
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Does Exim have security problems?
Ah, Mustapha Mahfouz, there you are. I'm glad you are here to stand
up to your original post. I was thinking you weren't. That's why I
thought we should write it off as a prank and go on with our business.

I don't like seeing my exim colleagues put on the defensive and I
particularly didn't want Philip Hazel's feelings hurt when he is so
responsive and generous with us, with software and help.

Yes, now I see the cultural problem. In my culture, when you have
questions, it's better to ask them directly, not in an attacking
fashion. A specific security concern on a recent version of exim will
bring lots of careful attention here.

A better way to ask your question is to say something like:

"I'm looking for a new MTA and security is my top concern. Can anyone
compare exim's security to qmail's for me -- particularly with respect
to the monolithic architecture ...."

You would have gotten all your information and we would have felt you
to be a friend right off.

Thanks for coming back. Good luck with your system.

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.
eVote(R) - online polling software for email lists
http://www.deliberate.com
marilyn@???
+1 650 965-7121  (USA)