[Exim] About running the whole mail system as 'exim'

Author: Trevor Sky Garside
To: Brian K. West, exim-users
Subject: [Exim] About running the whole mail system as 'exim'
On Tuesday, August 29, 2000 7:28 AM, "Brian K. West" <brian@???> wrote:
| If you wish to talk about buggy software go talk about wu-ftpd that whole
| program is a bug. Granted Qmail and Sendmail are both great software but
| they lack the ease of configuration and flexibility that exim has. As far
| as running as root... I run my whole mail system as user exim.. even the
| popper runs as exim.. never even touches root privileges, since the whole
| mail system is virtual(ie. User do not have a real login at all). I auth

my
| popper off mysql and also route mail with mysql.. seems to be quite fast.

What popper do you use? I've been very unlucky so far finding a decently
configurable popper (apart from, of course, tinkering with the source before
compiling). I particularly like the concept of running everything non-root,
but right now my popper (qpopper) relies on the etc/passwd file to obtain
UIDs from. I would really appreciate anything you can recommend.

Thanks.

Trevor Sky Garside
trevor@???