Re: [Exim] Can noforward-user skip .forward?

Author: Dave C.
To: Marc MERLIN
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can noforward-user skip .forward?

Possibly you are looking for the following:

expn

    Type:    boolean
    Default: true

    If this option is turned off, the director is skipped when testing an
address as a result of processing an SMTP EXPN command. You might, for
example, want to turn it off on a director for users' .forward files,
while leaving it on for the system alias file. The use of the SMTP EXPN
command is permitted only from hosts that match the smtp_expn_hosts
main configuration option.

    This option is specific to directors because EXPN applies only to local
addresses, so no address that is an argument to EXPN is ever passed to
any router. When Exim is running an EXPN command, it is similar to
testing an address with -bt. Compare VRFY, whose counterpart is -bv.