Re: [Exim] Can noforward-user skip .forward?

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Marc MERLIN
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can noforward-user skip .forward?
On 2000-08-25 at 11:37 -0700, Marc MERLIN gifted us with:
> So, I'd like to do an expn on the mail server to see if the Email resolves
> to something else and capture that, but I don't want the .forward to kick in
> and show me /home/user/Mail/inbox. I also don't want to see if they forward
> mail to some other machine.
>
> I used to do an exim -bt -C /etc/exim.noforward.conf back when the lists
> where running on the mail server, but that's no more, and one machine should
> not be able to automatically log in the other one.
> That's why I'm trying to check names through the SMTP interface.

Add 'no_expn' to the aliasfile director(s).

Define 'smtp_expn_hosts' in the main config section.

AIUI this should allow you to use EXPN via SMTP and have it ignore
aliases.
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat