Re: [Exim] Can noforward-user skip .forward?

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Philip Hazel, Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can noforward-user skip .forward?
On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 08:37:34AM -0400, Dave C. wrote:
> Why exactly is it that you need to do this? There may be a better way
> of accomplishing your desired end-result..

our mail server)

So, I'd like to do an expn on the mail server to see if the Email resolves
to something else and capture that, but I don't want the .forward to kick in
and show me /home/user/Mail/inbox. I also don't want to see if they forward
mail to some other machine.

I used to do an exim -bt -C /etc/exim.noforward.conf back when the lists
where running on the mail server, but that's no more, and one machine should
not be able to automatically log in the other one.
That's why I'm trying to check names through the SMTP interface.

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 09:28:12AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Add
>
> prefix = noforward-
> prefix_optional
>
> to system_aliases.

Ok, that works (I should have thought of that)

> > I could add a forward_aliases director with a prefix of noforward-, but once
> > noforward-alias is turned into login, I have login and not noforward-login,
> > so the userforward then kicks in...
>
> Add
>
> new_director = localuser
>
> to your userforward director, assuming that it does *not* generate
> anything that needs aliasing.

Unfortunately it doesn't exactly work. I'm not too sure why you wanted to
put it in the userforward director instead of the noforward one, so I tried
it there too, but it didn't help either.

> kenny:/etc# exim -C /etc/exim.conf.master -bt noforward-rdreier
> noforward-rdreier@???
> deliver to rdreier in domain valinux.com
> director = noforward_local, transport = local_delivery

This works

> kenny:/etc# exim -C /etc/exim.conf.master -bt noforward-roland
> rdreier@??? -> /home/rdreier/Mail/inbox

That doesn't :-(

Here's a complete snapshot of my directors:
# This has to come first so that we can override the aliases in /etc/aliases
virtual:
driver = aliasfile
domains = lsearch;/etc/mail/virtualdomainlist
no_more
file = /etc/mail/virtualdomains/$domain
search_type = lsearch

# This allows local delivery to be forced, avoiding alias files and
# forwarding.
real_local:
prefix = real-
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

system_aliases:
user=mail
group=mail
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch
# If an alias file can't be loaded, we defer, not freeze -- Marc
freeze_missing_include = false
prefix = noforward-
prefix_optional

# This is a special hack that tells exim to run those aliases as linux.linux
# -- Marc (I wanted to get rid of those horrible SUID scripts)
linux_aliases:
user=linux
group=linux
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /etc/aliases.linux
search_type = lsearch
# If an alias file can't be loaded, we defer, not freeze -- Marc
freeze_missing_include = false
prefix = noforward-
prefix_optional

noforward_local:
prefix = noforward-
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

# This director runs procmail for users who have a .procmailrc file
procmail:
driver = localuser
transport = procmail_pipe
require_files = ${local_part}:+${home}:+${home}/.procmailrc:+/usr/bin/procmail
no_verify

userforward:
driver = forwardfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply
no_verify
check_ancestor
# Not specifying the directory forces exim to do a stat on $home first, and
# defer if NFS is hosed
file = .forward
modemask = 002
filter
new_director = localuser

# This director matches local user mailboxes.

localuser:
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

end