Re: [Exim] any way to enable auth from the command line?

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Trevor Sky Garside
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] any way to enable auth from the command line?
On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 10:55:46AM -0700, Trevor Sky Garside wrote:
> Are you saying that each time Exim is called on port 25 for an incoming
> email, it will re-read the conf file? I would like for that to be the case,

No you realy don't. first it will kill performance, and there is no need
to.

Here is a solution. Have two config files -- /etc/exim/configure and
/var/exim/config/configure say. Use RCS to edit the /var/exim one and
make your changes. Once you have done the changes, call a script called
INSTALL that will test the new config and HUP the deamon for you.

It's very easy to write in python/perl/whatever...

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer