Re: [Exim] Mailing lists

Author: davidturetsky
To: exim-users
I wanted to pose that question to the list last night, but sleep got the
better of me. Let me explore a few related questions:

Do I understand correctly that with aliases exim substitutes the items on
the list for the alias and sends the exploded distribution to the server,
each recipient on the distribution able to view the distribution unless
'Bcc:'; with Dave's script, the list is sent to the server to distribute and
each recipient only sees the post with their address on the 'To:' line

I recall an exim feature permitting some limit to be expressed on a single
'batch' of addresses. Can such a feature (or similar) be used to break up a
long list which alias maps into if msn imposes a server-side maximum (as
they do using Outlook Express-- I don't know whether it is only enforced on
the client side, or both client and server) of 64 addresses to a post

David