Re: [Exim] Mailing lists

Author: Philip Hazel
To: davidturetsky
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mailing lists
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, davidturetsky wrote:

> Precisely what I do not understand how to implement. Since this is
> the generic problem faced by every list, it would be nice to have a
> cookbook solution

Most lists either:

(a) Just use the normal local domain, and ensure that the list names do
not clash with user names.

OR

(b) Invent a new domain name such as lists.x.y and register that in the
DNS along with x.y to point to the same host. In other words, they run
with two local domains, one for users and one for lists.

From what you have said in your postings, you seem to be in some strange
situation where you are having to use your ISP's domain, and this is
causing the problem of understanding among those of us who do not
operate in that kind of environment. Perhaps if you posted a list of
your domains and what they are to be used for it might help. That is:

What is the domain for local deliveries on your box?
What is the domain for local mailing lists on your box?
What is the domain for outgoing messages from local senders?

With some examples, i.e.

x@??? should be delivered to the ISP's server