Re: [Exim] What do you want in a book?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Paul Robinson
Para: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] What do you want in a book?
On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> It's a day for asking your views ...
>
> Many of you know that I'm trying to write a book about Exim. I should
> have asked this earlier: What kind of Exim book would you like to have?

I'll just summarise the other responses.

Think of a book like the O'Reilley Sendmail book but clearer and with a bit
more of a tutorial in there rather than it being so reference-ish. I've heard a
lot of complaints about the sendmail book, and I think the main problem is that
it's too terse and dense. And of course, nearly 1,000 pages tends to scare a
few people off quite easily.

The main areas I think would be useful would be a good tutorial on writing
routers, directors, filters, etc. - the basics of exim can be picked up in 20
minutes from the documentation, but the more advanced things is currently a bit
of a slog.

--
Paul Robinson - Internet Services @ Akita - http://www.akita.co.uk
Sales:- T: 01869 337088 F: 01869 337488 E: sales@???