Re: [Exim] What do you want in a book?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Roger Burton West
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] What do you want in a book?
On or about Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 12:52:10PM +0100, o.cook@??? typed:

>I'd personally prefer book #2 - so that
>
> a) Having read it cover to cover with brain engaged I'd have a full
>understanding of Exim
> b) It'd be a good permanent reference to have on the shelf

Seconded, for both of these reasons (though I suspect (a) might take a
while). Also, getting a basic working knowledge of exim doesn't need a
book by its author - spec.txt does a great job already - and I suspect
from my own experience that the designer of a system is often not the
best person to write an introduction to it.

Let's by all means have something in the style of the bat book rather
than the very disappointing "Perl DBI"...

Roger