Re: [Exim] What do you want in a book?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bruce Bowler
A: David Sheryn
Cc: exim-users, Phil Pennock
Asunto: Re: [Exim] What do you want in a book?
To play devils advocate...

> PP> For a start, be prepared to have the full specs in the appendices. If
> PP> nothing else, a few hundred extra pages will make the prospective
> PP> publisher's eyes gleam at the thought of the price they can charge. ;^)
>
> NoNoNo! That's what spec.{txt,ps,etc} is for ! I never feel quite so cheated
> as when I've bought a book, half of which contains the reference docs which I
> could print out anyway (so why buy the book ? for the half that _isn't_ the
> reference docs...)

YESYESYES! It's cheaper for me to buy the reference manual that I could
have printed out than it is for me to print it out. Also, it, along
with the rest of the book, will share a common index, making it easier
to find things. Presumably, Philip will also include pointers, in the
text, back and forth between the reference section and the rest of the
book, making it more useful than what is currently available on-line.

Bruce Bowler            +1.207.633.9600            BBowler@???

There are an enormous number of managers who have retired on the job
- Peter Drucker