Re: [Exim] Exim headers question

Author: Dave C.
To: Scot Robnett
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim headers question
On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Scot Robnett wrote:

> I am using Exim 1.92 (I can't upgrade because it's pre-installed on a
> Linux Internet appliance which has me shut out of doing anything except

UGH! Does it have a floppy? And/or an internal floppy controller you
could connect one to and boot up a rescue disk to get in and regain
control? Running linux without the ability to properly sysadmin it is
like owning a car and not being allowed to change the oil..

> administration with a web browser). The question I have is regarding
> e-mail being returned to people sending to us from Exchange servers.
>
> As far as anyone on the list knows, does Exchange ship pre-configured
> to follow RFC 822, or do modifications have to be made in most cases?
>
> The reason I ask is that when the same users send me mail directly from
> sendmail on Linux, it gets through without a problem - it's the
> Exchange mail that doesn't make it through.

You probably want to look at the exim logs (if you can) to see what the
problem is.. Do the return messages contain any useful information?