Re: [Exim] Malformed address on a list

Author: Dave C.
To: Marilyn Davis
CC: exim-users, under-zo
Subject: Re: [Exim] Malformed address on a list
This may not have even been intentional..

If I were you, I would reconfigure majordomo to not put the
"comment" parts of addresses in the list, just the functional address.

Eg, instead of:

"Someone" <Someone@???>
"Someone else" <Someone@???>
"John Q. Person" <JohnQ@???>

Use this:

<Someone@???>
Someone@???
<JohnQ@???>

This way will work with or without the <> characters around the
addresses..

This should fixup the existing file to follow that convention (and
throw away any addresses that dont currently have <> marks,
unfortnately) (I havent tested it though):

# cat listfile | tr " " "\n" | grep "^<.*@.*>$" > newlist