[Exim] Malformed address on a list

Author: Marilyn Davis
To: exim-users
CC: under-zo
Subject: [Exim] Malformed address on a list
Hi,

I run majordomo/exim for Zapatistas and am trying to be as secure
as possible. We get attacked.

Using majordomo, even with the confirmation feature happening, someone
managed to put this onto the list of addresses:

"Someone" Someone@???

which exim didn't like. I think it wants:

"Someone" <Someone@???>

I'm talking with majordomo people to see how that got on there. The
majordomo people wonder why it is that exim then fails to send any
messages to the list (a disaster for the group which is in intense
deliberative discussion because of the noose tightening around Chiapas
and the upcoming Mexican elections). We were out of business all
night and part of the morning when this happened.

Is there an option where I can direct exim to go ahead and send the
message to all the valid addresses and bounce or freeze just the one
bad address?

Thanks for any help with this.

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.
eVote - online polling software for email lists
http://www.deliberate.com
marilyn@???
+1 650 965-7121  (USA)