Re: [Exim] Re-spooling after a pipe

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Graham Ashton
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re-spooling after a pipe
graham@??? said:
> I'm looking for a way to re-spool the message after it's been
> delivered (via the pipe) to a program, so that exim can pass it back
> into the program the next time exim runs through it's queue.

See
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.10/doc/html/spec_17.html#SEC459

specifically Returned status and data:-

If the command exits with a non-zero return code, the delivery is
deemed to have failed, unless either the `ignore_status' option is set
(in which case the return code is treated as zero), or the return code
is one of those listed in the `temp_errors' option, which are
interpreted as meaning `try again later'. In this case, delivery is
deferred.

The standard ret value for this is EX_TEMPFAIL (which is decimal 75 on
most systems).

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]