Re: [Exim] Re-spooling after a pipe

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Graham Ashton
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re-spooling after a pipe
On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 01:37:41PM +0100,
Graham Ashton <graham@???> is thought to have said:

> Hi.
>
> I've got a pipe transport set up to pass all emails for a particular
> address into a program. When the program receives the message it connects
> to a database and finds out what to do with the message. If the program
> can't connect to the database then it can't send the message, and so the
> message gets lost.
>
> I'm looking for a way to re-spool the message after it's been delivered
> (via the pipe) to a program, so that exim can pass it back into the
> program the next time exim runs through it's queue.
>
> Is this kind of thing possible, or should I handle it all myself from
> within my program?

You could have your program exit with errno 75 or 69 when it can't
connect to the database. Exim treats those as temporary errors and leaves
the message on the spool to try again later.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality