Re: [Exim] Re: Is wrapper needed if MTA sets user and group?

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] custom error response
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Is wrapper needed if MTA sets user and group?
Jeffrey Goldberg <J.Goldberg@???> probably said:
> With exim you do not need bulk_mailer and you should not use it (unless
> you like losing mail to mailing lists).

It was the only way I found at the time to pass the list back out
again since I couldn't get exim to do a "send this message to the list
of people in this file" and thats exactly what bulk_mailer does.

> as well. Just get rid of bulk_mailer.

The lists on that machine get perhaps one message every 2 months.
Combined. It's hardly a priority.

I know about the issue with bulk_mailer, I havn't had time to replace
it on that machine without going back to the wrapper, which I was not
willing to do, and considering I've been considering going to mailman
anyway the issue was possibly moot as I said before.

> I'm not sure that I understand all of the directors you listed, but will
> take a closer look.

They're pretty much just to deal with all the different cases of mail
that the wrapper would pass out to the right sub-scripts.

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???