Re: [Exim] Re: Is wrapper needed if MTA sets user and group?

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Is wrapper needed if MTA sets user and group?
oneiros <oneiros@???> probably said:
> You will still need to use the wrapper though, as it provides several
> essential environment settings to the majordomo, resend, etc processes. It
> sets HOME, PATH, SHELL, MAJORDOMO_CF and any local stuff you may have defined
> when you built it. majordomo needs this to function properly.

I don't use the wrapper at all and my majordomo config works
perfectly. The only thing I could do with is replacing bulk_mailer,
since it has some known problems,but I havn't gotten around to that
since I've been pondering just migrating to mailman, assuming I can
find an equivilent to the 'approve' mail script and such ...

I keep all my known lists and the list owners in an aliasfile
'MAJORDIR/dbm/list'.

P.

# redelivery to majordomo lists
majordomo_resend:
  driver = pipe
  return_path_add = true
  path = "MAJORDIR:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin"
  command = "resend -C MAJORDIR/majordomo.cf -l ${local_part} \
     -h list.${qualify_recipient} ${local_part}-out@list.${qualify_recipient}"
  user = majordomo
  group = majordomo
  home_directory = MAJORDIR
  return_output
  log_output

majordomo_request:
driver = pipe
return_path_add = true
path = "MAJORDIR:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin"
command = "request-answer -C MAJORDIR/majordomo.cf ${local_part}"
user = majordomo
group = majordomo
home_directory = MAJORDIR
return_output
log_output

majordomo_out:
  driver = pipe
  return_path_add = true
  path = "MAJORDIR:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin"
  command = "bulk_mailer owner-${local_part}@list.${qualify_recipient} \
                         MAJORDIR/lists/${local_part}"
  user = majordomo
  group = majordomo
  home_directory = MAJORDIR
  return_fail_output

# Majordomo general aliases.
majordomo_general:
driver = aliasfile
pipe_transport = address_pipe
domains = MAJORDOM
qualify_preserve_domain
file = MAJORDIR/dbm/general.aliases
search_type = lsearch
user = majordomo
group = majordomo
home_directory = MAJORDIR
errors_to = postmaster@MDOM

# Majordomo private outgoing.
majordomo_private:
  driver = aliasfile
  domains = MAJORDOM
  transport = majordomo_out
  file = MAJORDIR/dbm/list
  search_type = lsearch
  suffix = -out
  user = majordomo
  group = majordomo
  errors_to = postmaster@MDOM
  condition = "${if eq {$received_protocol}{local} \
              {${if eq {$sender_ident}{majordomo} \
              {true}{false}}}{false}}"

# Automatic majordomo list recognition and resending
majordomo_lists:
driver = aliasfile
domains = MAJORDOM
transport = majordomo_resend
file = MAJORDIR/dbm/list
search_type = lsearch
user = majordomo
group = majordomo
errors_to = postmaster@MDOM

# Automatic majordomo list recognition and resending
majordomo_request:
driver = aliasfile
domains = MAJORDOM
transport = majordomo_request
file = MAJORDIR/dbm/list
search_type = lsearch
user = majordomo
group = majordomo
errors_to = postmaster@MDOM
suffix = -request
suffix_optional
prefix = "request-"
prefix_optional

# mail to the various majordomo list owner addresses
majordomo_owner:
driver = aliasfile
domains = MAJORDOM
file = MAJORDIR/dbm/list