Re: [Exim] Problem with -Meb environment being destroyed

Author: Jim Knoble
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem with -Meb environment being destroyed
Circa 2000-May-26 10:16:47 +0100 schrieb Philip Hazel:

: On Thu, 25 May 2000, Jim Knoble wrote:
: > As i recall, the possibility for mixture only occurs under some
: > systems; is that correct, or is my brain failing?
:
: As far as I know, the possibility of timezone mixture occurs in all
: operating systems. What is different between systems is their behaviour
: if TZ is not present in the environment. Some use wallclock time, some
: use GMT, some use something different (one I tested used EST). There is
: apparently no way to force some systems to use wallclock time without
: knowing which timezone you actually want.

Ah. My brain was failing, then. I suppose what i ought to have meant
is that "tz = none" ought to mean "remove TZ from the environment" so
that the non-broken systems can simply use the system timezone (and i
would in fact recommend that that be the default, according to the
principle of least surprise). Setting timezones in two places should
only be done if necessary.

--
jim knoble | jmknoble@??? | http://www.jmknoble.cx/