RE: [Exim] SMTP message termination

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John Hall
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] SMTP message termination
On Thu, 25 May 2000, John Hall wrote:

> Yeah, I assumed it was something I've done wrong. Maybe as an indirect
> consequence of running on Redhat?

Lots of people run Exim on RedHat.

> It's every message. I read in the archives of null characters causing
> problems, so I've tried it with Pine (v4.1) and manually via telnet.
> Might it be the interaction of another program seeing a period on a line
> on it's own and inserting another in the interests of transparency?

Totally weird. Exim does, of course, double-up lines starting with dots,
but shouldn't do this on its own terminator! I don't suppose it will
help, but if you send me the output from a delivery using -d9 to get
debugging output, I'll take a look.

exim -d9 user@domain
<some message>
.

where that address is going to get delivered in this way.

However, I'm off on holiday for two weeks, so there may be a delay...