Re: [Exim] mysql tables and lookup

Author: Jochen Erwied
To: Dan Kappus
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] mysql tables and lookup
Hello Dan,

DK> So I know that Exim can look things up in a mysql database.
DK> I'm interested in hearing from someone who has successfully
DK> maintained system aliases in a database.

I'm doing this. I set up a simple table 'aliases' which contains two fields
'username' and 'alias'.

The corresponding entry in the configure-file, section directors, is:

mysql_aliases:
  driver = aliasfile
  search_type = mysql
  query = "select alias from aliases \
                where username='${quote_mysql:${lc:${local_part}}}'"
  file_transport = address_file
  pipe_transport = address_pipe

DK> What we want, very specifically, is for each true local
DK> user to be able to be reached with the following pattern
DK> given Joe Smith as the example:

DK> jsmith
DK> joe.smith
DK> joe_smith
DK> joes

I remember a tool for smail 2.5 (long ago :-) named 'nptx'. Which did quite
this - expand a passwd file into an alias-file. Maybe search-engines will
help, I'll take a look at home, might have this lying around somewhere.

--
Jochen Erwied <Jochen.Erwied@???>   Phone: +49-2151-7294-24
mbs GmbH, Roemerstr. 15, 47809 Krefeld          FAX:   +49-2151-7294-50