[Exim] in maildir case, just move from spool/input/ to maild…

Author: Seven o'clock
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] in maildir case, just move from spool/input/ to maildir/tmp/.
Hello, all.

I am not a member of this ML, but I am trying exim 3.14 on linux.

I use the maildir format not mbox and found it fine. But when I got a
very large mail, over 40M bytes, the used disk space on the /var
filesystem exceeded the 50%, and the large mail was not be able to
move to maildir/tmp/, it was still spool/input/.

I checked the source code and found,
- putting a mail to maildir/new/, it is done by rename(2). e.g. moving.
- putting a mail to maildir/tmp/, it is done by open(2) and
write(2). e.g. creating as a new file.
- it seems that creating as a new file is the common way in the world
of tranporters.

But it is a big disadvantage to open/write in maildir format, it sould
be a simple rename way when putting a mail to maildir/tmp/, too.
Or is there anyone modifyng to do so?

Please CC to me in a reply.
Thank you.

Junjiro Okajima