Re: [Exim] Configuring Exim to Work with SuSE 6.4

Author: EXIM users list
To: EXIM users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Configuring Exim to Work with SuSE 6.4
nbecker@??? said:
> Excellent RPMS are available.

As I understand it the rpms don't install/work on Suse and srpm doesn't
build.

My current rpm set for 3.13+ are at
    ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/rpms-for-exim/

They were built on RH 6.1

If they won't install on suse then they should be rebuilt from the
source rpm. If the source rpm won't work then you'll need to tweak the
library definitions by copying the Makefile-Linux* files to Local/ and
modifying them appropriately.

If you still can't get it to build you will need to find someone who
knows SUSE well [which isn't me - I have installed SUSE twice, and both
times hated it so much its not survived more than a few hours]

If after install it doesn't start correctly, then the init script needs
modifying to handle whatever way SUSE broke it, and potentially the rpm
postinstall also needs modifying.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]