Re: [Exim] Safe Kill

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Marius Vincent
CC: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Safe Kill
On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 04:35:23PM +0200, Marius Vincent wrote:
> How do I tell exim to finish off it's current connections?

killall -9 exim ???

> For e.g. I have constantly about 10 - 30 mailtransfers happening
> simultaneously.
> I want exim to refuse new transports/connections and finish off with what it
> is busy with before I kill the exim pid and reload it.
>
> How??

Not sure what you mean here. If it is a re-read config you want to do,
then just HUP the deamon. Any proccess started after that will have the
new config on. The old proccesses will still use the old config untill
they die.

--
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer
PGP: www.kierun.org/pgp/key                 Mailmaster for the Planet Online