[Exim] Filters

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Paul Walsh
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Filters
I've just search the FAQ and couldn't find a reference, so here goes:

How difficult would it be to expand filtering so that other filter files
could be "included" in the system filter? I was thinking in terms of the
filter produced by Nigel Metheringham last week, which has undergone a
couple of changes. Rather than having to re-edit the system filter file
(possibly introducing an error) to incorporate any changes I thought perhaps
something like this might be useful:

# Exim filter
include_filter /path/to/a.filter
include_filter /path/to/another.filter

thus any filters made publicly available on the Exim FTP site could be
included (and just as easily excluded by commenting out ).

I would imagine filter.c would need a fair amount doing to it and there
would have to be a couple of limitations imposed:

1. An included filter cannot have an include_filter in it.
2. The filename specified by include_filter cannot be to the system filter
file itself.

Of course this might be "pie in the sky" stuff because of the extra
processing involved. What do folks think?

Paul Walsh

Senior Systems Programmer, Information Services,
University of Central England, BIRMINGHAM B42 2SU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)121 331 5708    Fax: +44 (0)121 356 2875