著者: Paul Slootman
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] conditions in filters
On Tue 09 May 2000, Dave C. wrote:

> The way I read this, "his ISP" wasn't under the control of the poster,
> and isn't necesarrily running exim.

True. In fact, from the manual POP3 interaction I did (to see if "help"
would list any extensions), it appears to be an NT system :-(

All I have control over is the system that uses fetchmail to get the
incoming email from the POP3 mailbox, and feeds that to exim.

> It would of course be rather convenient (and worth a call to them to
> check) if they were, and were also willing to add the necesarry
> functionality (of if there were running another MTA and were able to
> add the equivalent to it, if possible)

I'm not counting on too much expertise at the ISP side; they haven't
even been able to get their so-called "smarthost" to accept outgoing
email (messages get rejected because the silly NT MTA thinks I'm trying
to relay via that system (which I am) as a third party (which I'm not).
Thank goodness for a full-featured MTA locally that doesn't need a
smarthost ;-)

However, all that aside: I still don't know what I'm doing wrong with
the "exists" test, and whether such tests can actually be done in a
filter (a quick try with eq also failed).

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@??? http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@???       http://www.murphy.nl/