Re: [Exim] Administrivia....

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Jonathan Hunter
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Administrivia....
On Tue, 9 May 2000, Jonathan Hunter wrote:

> > If you run an exim box that relays at all (including incoming for final
> > delivery), please could you have the following line in the config:-
> >
> >   delay_warning_condition = \
> >      "${if match{$h_precedence:}{(?i)bulk|list|junk}{no}{yes}}"

> Looking at the Exim documentation
> (http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.10/doc/html/spec_11.html#SEC196) it would
> appear that this option has now been added as the default. However, the
> documentation doesn't say in which version this was added. I appreciate it's
> a big job to retrospectively add this information to the docs, but would it
> be a good idea to use wording in the future as follows?

It doesn't fully answer the question, but the section you quote is in
green on my display, which indicates that this is new.

> Rather than "The default is", maybe have something like "The default, as of
> version 3.14, is" (of course, putting the correct version in :-))
>
> This would enable people to quickly see if a particular feature is supported
> on their version of Exim, without having to search through ChangeLogs to
> find the option they are reading about in the documentation. Unless this
> information is already kept in the documentation somewhere, and I've just
> missed it??

You could always read the copy of spec.txt with your source.

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna