Re: [Exim] Generic VBS script detection - filter attached …

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: I. Forbes
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Generic VBS script detection - filter attached (fwd)
iforbes@??? said:
> I think that there is a bug in this filter. I sent an attached VB
> script with "Pegasus Mail" and it went straight through. (I am not
> sure of Pegasus could be used by VB to send mail via Mappi ... but it
> may be worth sorting this out).

I don't propose to fix that - currently I don't see how that can be
executable.
If that message is received by a pegasus or other MUA does the part
show as an attachment (or an inline text/plain), and does
double-clicking (or whatever) the attachment execute it as VBS? [if so
pegasus has some serious problems - that MIME part is a text/plain with
no filename - I can't sreally filter on the description field since its
free form]

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]